5 Cricut Hacks That Beginners Should Know!!! - Lightboxgoodman
If you are a DIY lover, you definitely love Cricut machine. It is very useful and opens the whole new world for any crafter! Owning a Cricut is very exciting. It can also be a little intimating and overwhelming for a beginner. Especially if you are not familiar working with machines in general. Whether you are a beginner or a more seasoned Cricut crafter, these 5 Cricut Hacks and Secrets will save your sanity and help you stay more organized along the way.
1. USE FREE SVG AND FOLLOW TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR PRACTICING!
Since you're a beginner, you may make mistake and cannot make thing done at the first place. Let practice with free SVGs - which you can find in so many Facebook group for Cricut maker. And you can find them in our Free Files Section where has different types: paper cut light box, paper circle, paper lantern, cricut files....
If you're new to Cricut machine, watch and follow our tutorial videos on Youtube. Everything will be easier!
2. SHARPEN YOUR BLADE WITH TIN FOIL
You can easily extend the life of your fine-point blade by sharpening it with tin foil! In fact, when you use tin foil you can make the blade last 3x longer! To sharpen the blade, remove it from your clamp and run the tip of the blade through the tin foil 10-12 times.
3. STORE YOUR BLADES IN YOUR CRICUT
This Cricut hack may seem very obvious, but when I was a new Cricut owner I was unaware that the inside of my machine could hold my blades and small tools for dust-free, safe storage.
4. USE A LINT ROLLER TO PICK UP SMALL PIECES FROM YOUR MAT OR DESIGN (WORKS FOR GLITTER TOO)
If you have an intricate design that is cut out on paper or vinyl you can easily collect the excess small pieces on a lint roller to save time!
Oh, and this works fabulous to pick up stray glitter on your workspace too. We’ve all been there!
5. USE A NAIL POLISH HOLDER FOR VINYL SCRAPS
This is probably one of my favorite Cricut hacks! Buy a cheap nail polish holder to collect tiny vinyl pieces when weeding.
Want to join our Facebook community to share your crafts and learn from the best? Click here to request access to my group, Paper Cut Light Boxes.
Read more about our 4 famous how-tos:
- HOW TO MAKE PAPER CUT LIGHT BOX!
- How To Use BOGO Code
- HOW TO MAKE A POP-UP LIGHTBOX
- How To Put SVG files To Your Cricut Space From Zip Files Without Extract Sofware
Explore about materials to create a beautiful lightbox:
- What Do You Need To Know About The Spacer?
- ALL ABOUT SIZE OF POP-UP DESIGN TEMPLATE
- ALL KIND OF ART KNIVES!
Useful tips maybe you didn't know:
- A LITTLE TRICK TO HOLD SMALL DETAIL IN PLACE
- Commonly Used LED Color Schemes For Shadow Box
- Easy Way To Mix More Colors Led Trip And Connect More Leds Strip Without Soldering!
And more interesting information in our blog: Read more here