What Do You Need To Know About The Spacer? - Lightboxgoodman
5 elements which help you choose the right thickness:
- The common foam boards you can easily buy: 3-7mm
- How many layers are you going to use: if the number of layers is large, you can use the thinner spacer and vice versa
- The depth of your frame: if your frame is not too deep, you can use the thinner spacer (but the 3D and the light effect are not beautiful as expect). On the other hand, if your frame is deep enough, you can use the thicker spacer, which makes the better light effect.
- The thickness of the paper: the thicker the paper the thinner the spacer and vice versa. But please notice that don't use the paper is way too thin, because all the layer will collapse and the shape of the layers will be a mess
- The brightness of light: If you use the fairy led, you should use the thinner paper and thinner spacer. However if you use led strip 5v or 12v, you should use the thicker paper and thicker spacer
- Foam boards: easy to buy, many kind of thickness, easy to cut, highly recommended
- Wood (not easy to cut)
- 5mm thick sticky foam strips: the thickness only suitable with the box kit 10x10 cm
- X is the paper's width
- Y is the paper's length
- a is the spacer's width (depends on the margin, all the Lightboxgoodman's designs have a margin (where we put the spacer) is 1 cm
- H = Y
- D= X - 2a
- H: vertical spacer's length
- D: horizontal spacer's length
Read more about our 4 famous how-tos:
- HOW TO MAKE PAPER CUT LIGHT BOX!
- How To Use BOGO Code
- HOW TO MAKE A POP-UP LIGHTBOX
- How To Put SVG files To Your Cricut Space From Zip Files Without Extract Sofware
Explore about materials to create a beautiful lightbox:
- What Do You Need To Know About The Spacer?
- ALL ABOUT SIZE OF POP-UP DESIGN TEMPLATE
- ALL KIND OF ART KNIVES!
Useful tips maybe you didn't know:
- A LITTLE TRICK TO HOLD SMALL DETAIL IN PLACE
- Commonly Used LED Color Schemes For Shadow Box
- Easy Way To Mix More Colors Led Trip And Connect More Leds Strip Without Soldering!
And more interesting information in our blog: Read more here